qr code Taste of a different world....

Saturday, June 30, 2012







There is no field beyond

It is here that I can love you with an aching heart
Reach out for you with bleeding palm
Walk to you even as I limp and pain
Touch your heart and hear it call out my name

It is here that my pride will melt in the warmth of your lips
You will touch and watch me wither and bloom again
You will hurt and I will gnash, and grumble and fall 
You will push me away and will still hold on  

At times I have wanted to choke myself with thoughts of you
To shout my lungs out and explain the miseries I have been through
And it is here, I've thought you would never understand
Yet, I will not let you go

There is no field beyond, If  here you have chosen to let my hand be
When my pleading you have chosen to let grovel in the dust
When my meaning is just another passerby
I have wanted to walk this path, and barefoot and you chose not to carry me.

--- ROSEMARY MARANDI

No comments: