Re-organising life as it was before the Holidays can actually get little tacky. First the unpacking bit, then the washing, not to mention getting back to the START-STOP mode (That's what I call when having to follow routine i.e office). Especially, if the trip has been everything but planned, anything but relaxing. Four days and 34 hours of travel and total 20 hrs of sleep (that is an average of 5 hrs of sleep everyday)! Almost threatening a Hotel manager in Jaipur to give us a room in the wee hours of the morning and then utilising the entire hotel premises as if it was our room.... then dancing like banjaras in the desert in Jaisalmer... and then a week full of erratic hours of fun and dining and nightouts in Delhi! Phew!! One week gone. Delhi-Jaipur-Jaisalmer-Delhi-Puja Pandals-Midnight Movies-India Gate chai--Bangla Sahib langar, et al and "Happy Stomach".
And now sitting alone in the room doing the usual thing -- beating the keyboard till well past midnight and into the morning trying to socialise with friends. Trying, because most of the times they fall asleep while I am still up and alert and too keen to gossip :( . But Alas not everyone has the same libido! Wish I was in school again when 8 good hrs of chat sessions felt like 8 good hrs of sex. Huh! Okay I just realised I am talking too much in hrs and days. That's the bad effect from calculating equities and company profits/losses. Life in numbers! Phew.
That reminds I always hated Maths, in all its shapes and sizes. Jennifer, was a life saver those days. i remember after the last test before the Class VIII Final Exams both of us calculating how many more marks I would need to pass the finals, and then working accordingly. And I actually did pass, just pass was the word.
Those days Jennifer, or Zen as we would call her, seemed rather serious to me. Miss Perfect! saying the right things, doing the right things. Everything in place unlike me the vagabond! Both examples of a Bengali saying -- Keu dekhe sekhe, keu theke shekhe! Now, i need not explain which one was who. Did I sometimes call her boring (well she will kill me for this). But this holiday, kind of changed my opinion about her-- Now, she is to me FUN!
She is funny, witty, full of life. Miss Perfect would actually do weird things and stay awake till weird daybreaks and spearhead outings during weird hours of the night. Strange how we rediscover ole friends in a strange land! Took me trip to a desert and sand dunes and historical monuments to realise that. Bojho! (my latest fav expression). Maybe she was just a little better in control of herself during teenage than I could comprehend. For me life was a party and for her it was about party with responsible drinking! Now, it feels funny thinking that I hardly knew my friend of donkey's years.
Hmmmm...So like the wise men say: Take a Break! Life may just change for good.
Signing off
Rosemary
2 comments:
I want you to write my obituary. And yes, I'll avenge for the 'boring' tag after u write it :)
hehhehehhehe... may that day never come, me having to write your obituary. Long Live the Rabbit!!!
Post a Comment